Cookies and other internet tracking technology
- 1.2 Where applicable, this section of the Notice also relates to that technology but the term 'cookie' is used throughout.
- 1.3 Some of these cookies are essential to services you've requested from us, whereas others are used to improve services for you, for example through:
- 1.3.1 Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
- 1.3.2 Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don't have to give the same information during one task
- 1.3.3 Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don't need to enter it for every web page requested
- 1.3.4 Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- 1.4 To learn more about cookies, you may wish to visit: www.allaboutcookies.org, www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
- 1.5 This Website uses, or allows use of, the following cookies:
- 1.6 The distinctions referred to in the above table are as follows:
- 1.6.1 First party versus third party cookies - we set first party cookies ourselves; third party cookies are set by other entities via our Website.
- 1.6.2 Session versus persistent cookies - session cookies only persist for the duration of that visit; persistent cookies last for longer
- 1.6.3 Identifying information removed - just because we've done this, they will still be personal information if the relevant information can be reassembled
- 1.6.4 Categories 1-4 found in the ICC UK Cookie guide, as explained below. Category 1 cookies don't require the user's consent, though you must still tell them about the cookies. Categories 2-4 do require their specific and informed consent.
- 1.7 As with any other information we may collect from you, we'll work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt information you input.
- 1.9 We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third-party websites.